Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Carpe fabulam

It's only Tuesday and I hate this stupid town worse than ever. Yesterday Zenia and I went to Beaver Centennial Public School to do our "story hour." The only good thing about it is that we only have to do it once a week or so. The grade four teacher was pathetically happy to have us there. She ushered us into the library, saying that since "Malcolm" (whoever he was) left to read at the retirement home the students were story-free, or something. I started to ask why the teachers just couldn't read to the students, or let them read silently, but I don't think she was listening.
The library was crowded, and they didn't have any adult-sized chairs for Zenia and me. I had to fold up on the tiny one they gave me, and then Zenia and I fought about what to read. She won, so she read a vampire story, and then let me read "Annabel Lee" when she had a minute left at the end of our allotted time.
We walked together to the downtown, since she had to buy black nail polish at the pharmacy and I was going to get a ride home with my mother. At the drugstore the strange blonde pharmacist came out from the drug area and tried to sell Zenia lice shampoo. Weird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home