Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Waiting for the angel

The play is tonight. I started to be nervous eating breakfast. It didn't help that Charles Wallace kept on saying "Macbeth, Macbeth, Macbeth!" over and over between coughing fits. At least he's staying home tonight. My mother's told Arne to come over and watch him tonight. (I wonder what relative he'll say is dead this time when he's got to tell Mr. McGuire that he won't be doing the show tonight.)
Due to Mirabell's demands, the cafetorium was closed today. He pulled Jeremy out of his morning classes to start setting up. After school April has to start her sound checks.
We're doing Pride and Prejudice in English class today, and as usual Jane Austen is driving me mad. The stupid teacher asked us what we thought of Mr. Bingley. She said that Mr. Bingley was an honest man, because he trusted Darcy and the gossip he heard. I told her that Bingley was just too trusting and a bit gullible, and why would anyone think he was such a prize anyway? She stopped me before I could start in on Mr. Darcy. I thought the movie was stupid, anyway. They tried to make it interesting by having Mr. Darcy dress like Heathcliff but they couldn't fool me. Jane Austen's too damn happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home