Saturday, March 18, 2006

New Dawn Fades

I really, really hate my gene pool, or at least the fragment that is my uncle. I had invited Duncan over for dinner for St. Patrick's Day, so I got some DVDs out from Jumbo the Elephant Video. Duncan got over here, and at the same time he called Arne called. "They won't make any blue beer," he said, and then the phone went dead. I grabbed Duncan and told him to look old. I wished that Jerome or whatever his name is, the light man for Macbeth, were here since he doesn't have to work at looking old.

So we went to get Arne. Of course, Arne wasn't at the Three Kronen, but Valter the bartender said that Bokis, Benno and Ivar had gone off with Arne to The Fightin' Irishman over two blocks. That's where I found him, being hauled out the front by Paddy O'Malley the owner. "And don't ye be darknin' me doorstep agin, ye weak excuse for a Swede. Mats Sundin my arse!" Duncan helped me throw Arne into the backseat of the car and we drove back home very, very slowly since I didn't want Luggsworth to see me driving without a conscious fully licensed driver in the car. But we got home safe. We got Arne in the house, and I ordered in Jamaican delivery. Arne insisted on getting curried goat, but he passed out before it arrived. Duncan ate the goat, along with a jerk pork dinner and half a jerk chicken.

Then we watched the DVDs. I thought The Magdelene Sisters would have been a good St. Patrick's Day movie since it was Irish, and depressing, but the whole nun story really upset Duncan. I told him I was sorry, and he cheered up watching Leprechaun 2. I showed him Charles Wallace's room and he went to sleep. When we all woke up, Arne said he'd drive him to Shelbyville to the credit union there so I knew Arne had an ulterior motive. He asked Duncan to help in the magic show. I tried to tell him that my father had said, no family members, no friends, and no people likely to have expensive lawyers, but he cut me off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home