Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Everyday is like Tuesday

I'm spending too much time at this stupid school. I missed a day writing here and the therapist said I'm avoiding things. Yes, I wanted to say, but since I'm here it's not really working. So I'm doing catchup in the library before drama club. Yesterday at drama club Duncan was acting strange. Well, maybe a little stranger than usual. He gave me an envelope, then scuttled across the room. I put it in my bag and practise went on as usual, except that Mirabell had to coach Duncan a bit more than usual. He told Duncan that King Duncan isn't supposed to be terrified of Macbeth and his wife in Act I, and that he has to stand closer to us during our lines. "You're out the door again, Duncan," he said at least three times.
I went to my mother's office after drama club for a ride home. She was still busy so I went to the drugstore on the ground floor. The pharmacist is kind of creepy. She came up to me in the aisle and said, "Can I help you? I'm a certified pharmacist, and I find at this time of year people need extra help." I told her that I was only looking at the shampoo. When I left she was using up a bottle of hand sanitizer. My mother's office is on the same floor as the crazy dentist, and it was pretty quiet this time. My mother said that the dentist and his wife had gone for a trip to Mexico without their daughter again. "Funny thing," she said, "they always leave the week before March break, and they never take her anywhere." I suggested that she and my father could take her to Florida instead of taking me. She ignored me and wondered again why anyone would want to pay extra to go on a vacation with loads of other people's children while leaving their own at home.
When I got home I opened Duncan's envelope--he left a little note about how he thought I might like this, and two tickets for the Sisters of Mercy show Friday in Toronto. Enid's contact hadn't come up with any tickets, so this was really great and totally surprising. I tried to thank Duncan today at school but he looked at me, nodded, then ran down the hallway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home