Thursday, March 09, 2006

Haunted

I really shouldn't have shown Zenobia the tattoo I got. Mirabell's soundman (I think his name is Jerome) kept staring at me all day. The teachers rushed through everything because tomorrow is a PA day. In drama club, Mirabell stuck to rehearsing Macbeth through the difficult fourth act. I guess it's difficult since he can't remember his lines and keeps trying to kill Lady Macduff himself. There was nothing to do all rehearsal, so I went over to Duncan and thanked him again for the tickets (I realized he couldn't run away here). He's looked so sad ever since he got that letter from that nun-girl. Anyway, he just started talking, like he just got out of a years-long coma. I was wrong about the kind of band geek he is: he was actually in a band, although they broke up. I thought the band name may have had something to do with it. So he said he's open to all sorts of musical experiences, and had never heard the Sisters of Mercy, so I just asked him if he'd like to go to the Vatikan Sunday for the all-ages show. He said yes. We'll have to fit in picking him up a kilt: Mirabell hasn't found any yet for the male roles and might end up having to use some old army-surplus ones in the old marching band storage cupboard. We're bound to find something on Queen West. Then I found myself asking him about the two people he eats lunch with. The girl with the bad propeller hair looked so furious all day: I had to give her a hand, since I didn't manage to get that fed up with this stupid school until Grade 10. Duncan said he'd tell April: I hope he realized it was a compliment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home