Monday, March 20, 2006

This time

Springtime means no spring for me. At least not yet. Arne hasn't left yet and my brother is back. My parents were really happy that I kept Arne from getting arrested for DUI, but are pretty angry at him for making me drive illegally. Then there's the matter of the children's party. My parents are really angry at Arne for breaking the "no family members, no friends" rule. "Nigel Anderson's going to have my head," my father said. "I guess I'll be doing his taxes for free this year." My mother asked about Duncan, and said that she's heard he had a lot of trouble in the past but that he's trying to make it up. "What kind of trouble?" I asked, but my mother didn't say anything more concrete than, "YCJA," when she saw Charles Wallace come into the room. "I know what that means," Charles Wallace said, "Sandra's dating a felon."
"He's not a felon, Charles Wallace, and I'm not dating him. I've just gone out with him a few times and put out his shirt."
Anyway, today at school Duncan gave me tickets for Bauhaus: it was so nice of him. There was something in the air: I had a sudden urge to just sweep him into my arms and kiss him. I wasn't the only one. Zenia Parkinson grabbed Fred Halbmensch and picked him up to kiss, but she had too much air on the swoop and he fell into a water fountain. There must have been something springlike around, since I didn't even mind drama club.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home