Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Sound and fury, signifying nothing

I really, really hate drama club. Yesterday Jerome had some girl help him with the effects and lights, and at one point she kept lighting my cardigan rather than my hands. "Stop, stop," Mirabell said. "Can the lights. Right now you're making it seem that Lady Macbeth just wants to clean her catfur off." Then he looked at me. "Zandra, we really need to think about your costume." I told him I'd find something myself. "No you don't," he said, "I don't need Lady Macbeth looking like a cheap Edward Gorey governess." Then he went to yell at Macbeth a bit.
Duncan looked depressed all during rehearsal. His old band is trying to get itself together again, and he said it wasn't working. He said they all seem to be playing different stuff at once and it sounded awful. Actually, it sounded pretty good to me, and I told him that. Maybe he should focus on some lyrics that express his frustration with being manipulated by things beyond his control. "That happened yesterday," he said. "For some reason I just wanted to stare at Eva's chest when April brought her when we were jamming." Maybe that's why Jerome keeps staring at my back. It's not like you can actually see my tattoo under my shirt and cardigan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home