Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Comfortably not numb

It figures that spring is here, it's nice and warm and I had to get the flu. Last Monday after drama club I went to the medical building to get a ride home from my mother, and killed time in the drugstore again. This time, when I was looking at the soaps, the pharmacist came over to me and instead of giving me medical advice, sneezed on me. Twice. She coughed and apologized, and then went behind the prescription desk to call into a doctor about some person's drugs. I went upstairs to my mother's office and found my mother on the phone. "I hate it when she does this," my mother said. It seems the pharmacist downstairs keeps phoning my mother (and every other doctor in town) every time she prescribes something vaguely drug-like.
The next day I felt sick, and by the time I got to drama club I felt fuzzy, and Lady Macduff had to wake me up (she poked me and asked Mirabell if Lady Macbeth was supposed to be dead yet). Arne came to pick me up from the school and I spent the rest of the week in bed with what my mother said was the flu with strep. Duncan called a lot to see how I was, and Zenia brought over my homework. My mother and father had me stay in all weekend so I didn't go to Toronto, but I helped Duncan get something for his friend April last week.
The good part of being home sick was that Arne sort of has a job now. He's doing illusions on the Milborough retirement home circuit. Mondays and Wednesdays he's at Milborough Manor, Tuesdays at Shady Pines, and Thursdays at the Fletcher Memorial Home. He's got Donalbain from the drama club to assist him (it's for Donalbain's community service).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home