Thursday, April 06, 2006

Vision thing

Why I even bother to get up some days astounds me. After a predictably boring day in classes, drama club hit. When I entered the practice room, Mirabell said, "Zandra, Dirne's been helping me find your costume. Try this on." He handed me a hanger with what looked like a garment bag. I took it to the washroom and put it on, then walked out to Mirabell and Dirne. Mirabell said, "Very bold, Dirne. The classic black suits the sombre mood of the play, and the neckline says 'latent evil.' But I'm not sure about the backlessness--we're not all that sure that Lady Macbeth had a tattoo. Maybe for Antony and Cleopatra..."I hated the dress, and felt so exposed, and told him so. "My dear," Mirabell said, "what on earth do you think's keeping Macbeth with you? It's not your English grades. We need to convey your sexual manipulativeness, and the classic little black dress was, I thought, the best way." I scowled a bit. Mirabell sidled slightly closer to me. "I think it'll work for the coming fall's Antony and Cleopatra. And, I dare say, Sandra, this fall you may still have that overwhelming urge to go to university, and you'll be able to convey that frustration via the Bard. Again." I went back to change, and bumped into Duncan on the way. He started to apologize, realized it was me, and then started staring at my chest. I guess it's more of that controlling from beyond stuff.
After the practice, I went out front since my mother was going to take me home. Instead, Arne was out waiting by the passenger side of his car. I asked what the hell he was doing, and he said he was on a job, and needed me to drive since he was undercover. He couldn't have been that undercover since Charles Wallace was in the back seat. Arne had me drive around downtown a few times, then follow a Bushwhacker very, very slowly. "He'll never see us coming," Arne said.
"No, nobody ever notices a blue and yellow 1988 T-Bird going 20 klicks coming," Charles Wallace said. At least the little twerp was enjoying himself. After a few passes around the block after the Bushwhacker (which really was circling a little house on a big lot), we slowed down even more as the Bushwhacker pulled into a driveway. "It's the dentist!" Charles Wallace yelled."Is he dangerous?" Arne asked."Only if you pay attention to anything he says," Charles Wallace answered. He had to see the crazy dentist once, with an emergency. The dentist told him that talent was dangerous, since it led to ambition and loneliness. Charles Wallace asked him if he was happy being a talentless dentist then. After that, the dentist took to hiding from Charles Wallace. We finally got home, and I went to my room and played The Downward Spiral until I cheered up a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home