Monday, June 26, 2006

Pretty or not

Duncan and I don't start work at the library until after the holiday weekend, so I had the day free (except for having to get Charles Wallace after school). I went to my mother's office to do some photocopying and ran into Arne in the hallway. He didn't look very good.
"Torvald said I had to get some help, since he can't afford to have me miss any more work, and Huskuld's getting exhausted by doing two shows a night," Arne said.
"Help?" I don't think I sounded very sympathetic.
"Real help. I've got Magician's Block, and it's affecting my work," Arne explained.
"Magician's Block?"
"Yes. It's the sudden inability to perform illusions, and ever since the Limeys beat Sweden I've been trapped in a hell of reality. I can't even do a simple card routine." He was at the medical building to get a doctor's referral.
"I thought Mom was your doctor," I said. Arne shook his head violently.
"What, and have my sister-in-law doing prostate tests on me? No, I see Dr. Scholls."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home