Friday, June 16, 2006

The spirit of solitude

Duncan's been negotiated back, and that makes me feel a lot better. I can put up with whatever Zenia throws at me today. Before I left for school I had to brief my co-conspirator. Charles Wallace was delighted.
"Cool! He's coming back! Can I see him?"
"Only for a little bit. I want to maintain your plausible deniability." He seemed happy at that, but then he thought a bit.
"Sandra, you know I won't tell on him, but would you do me a favour after you get out of school today?"
"What kind of favour?"
"Be my agent. We're meeting our director for that awful play today, and.." I cut him off.
"Charles Wallace, I'm not eighteen--how the hell can I be your agent?"
"Easy--we sign everything, then when it looks really bad, we reveal that everything's invalid since both of us are under eighteen! It's a great loophole." He was right, and since he wasn't a lawyer, and was under ten years of age, it sounded ethical enough. I agreed to walk over to his school after my last class.

2 Comments:

Blogger duncan anderson said...

Security breach. Mboro trip off.

The Fugitive

4:00 p.m.  
Blogger Zandra Larson said...

Oh hell. I guess I'm not the only one who reads this. It looks like another night of torturing Arne Sim for me.

4:07 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home