Thursday, June 15, 2006

Formal feeling

Duncan remembered to call tonight. He's staying in a squat in Toronto, so I can't be annoyed that he called collect. He said he was starting his life as a fugitive. I pointed out that fugitives usually didn't post their movements on their friends' blogs. Then he admitted that he kind of wanted to be back here, and when I told him that if he missed his exams they'd make him repeat Grade 9 if they ever found him, he said he'd come back. I said that he could hide out here if he didn't want to go straight back to his house, since my mother'll be on duty at the hospital again tomorrow, and my father had a meeting of his pretend baseball league. Duncan said that sounded all right, and that he'd be here around 8:00 tomorrow night.
I didn't feel as bad today as I did yesterday, since I had heard from April what Duncan was up to. Jeremy Jones was really nice and sympathetic: he walked me home today, even though it was a bit strained with Eva muttering "manstealer" every few minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home