Saturday, June 10, 2006

A small part of a foreign field forever English

The England game's over: they beat Paraguay 1-0. My grandfather's back from driving around the neighbourhood with the flag, and apparently, according to him, a pair of hooligans threw beer cans at him. One hit the car, and my mother's outside looking for dents. Strangely, my grandfather was really sure that the beer cans in question were Banks and Carlsberg. I think Arne's back.
Charles Wallace is insisting I help him find an agent. He says he wants to act, too, since I did it, and this Michael Patterson person is really leaning on him hard to play his younger self in some autobiographical mess he's writing up. Charles Wallace says the script is a bit weak, and the Michael Patterson character is a bit of a wimp, but he's sure he can fix the bad spots and improvise a bit.
"Listen to this speech, Sandra: 'I do not deign to enter into hostilities with such as you, my tormentor, for to accede to violence is to become violence.'"
"You're right, that is crap. Are you sure you can fix this mess?" He said yes, but he asked if I'd help him. I said yes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home