Friday, May 26, 2006

Premonitions

I thought it was a mistake to take Charles Wallace to a midnight movie premiere. He got to sleep in, though, since the elementary schools in Milborough are having a PD day. My parents thought that was odd, considering that it was a short week anyway, but it was true.
Duncan's mother took the day off to look for his father. Duncan's worried now that his father's insane, since his grandmother got a funeral wreath for a goat, courtesy of the Milborough Credit Union.
When I got in from school, Charles Wallace wanted to talk about the movie.
"That was cool--I got to see X-Men with a real mutant!"
"There aren't any real mutants--it's a comic book, idiot."
"Graphic novel, Sandra, and you read them too, so don't be snobby." He had me there, since he was currently reading one of my Hellboy comics. "I meant that girl, Ever: she looks just like Storm! That was so cool!"
"I don't think she has any special powers, Charles Wallace, unless you count the smirk and the amazing ability to fix men's eyes on her breasts."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home