Sunday, July 23, 2006

The stubborn structure

Duncan's suddenly obsessed with going to Ribfest in Mississauga. I have no idea why: he's never expressed an interest in either ribs or Mississauga. He called this morning to try to get me to go, too, and he was looking for someone to drive. He suggested I call Enid.
When I called Enid, she said she'd just been about to phone me. Her boyfriend's got a van for the weekend since they're coming to Milborough to drop off some chairs my aunt had refinished for my mother. She mentioned Ribfest to her boyfriend and he got really excited. Enid warned me that he'd probably eat the ribs ironically, but that's not important.
Then Charles Wallace decided he wanted to go, too. He heard that Ribfest was at the Mississauga City Centre. "Mississauga has no centre, so where can it be?" My parents thought that sending the two of us to Mississauga for the day was a great idea. After we got the chairs out of the van when Enid and her boyfriend got here, we left to pick up Duncan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home