Sunday, October 15, 2006

Pusher

Charles Wallace is really starting to enjoy stalking Eva too much. He decided to go follow Duncan and Eva after they left the Tim Hortons last night. He took his camcorder and said he'd be back when he got something good, and would I keep either or both of our parents diverted. I told him to phone immediately if Duncan got to first base.
I went home and looked through old X-Files episodes on DVD, hoping to find a few on mind control. I set up a pile to watch, and was on the couch in the living room with them when my mother came home from the hospital. She was surprised to see me in on a Saturday night, but was happy to watch the X-Files with me. She said it was just like when I was little. I think I fell asleep, since when I woke up to Charles Wallace waving his camcorder in front of me I had an afghan on and was still on the couch.
"So, what did you get?" I asked Charles Wallace.
"Lots. They went back to her house, and you can see what they got up to." He connected the camcorder to the television and we watched a wobbly, but fairly clear, view of what Eva did to Duncan.
"Homework?" I asked.
"Look carefully," my brother said. Duncan was doing both his and Eva's homework, while Eva watched a hockey game.
"She watched a hockey game?"
"Not just any hockey game, Sandra. The Leafs were playing Calgary, and they won in overtime on a Mats Sundin goal."
"There's no way a normal Duncan would have wanted to miss that," I said. My brother nodded. He fast-forwarded through the dull spots until we got to the only evidence of contact between Duncan and Eva: a handshake before he left. "This is bad. We're going to have to do something fast. Monday after school we're all going to see Arne, but I have to do something tomorrow." Charles Wallace pouted when I told him he couldn't come along.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home