Saturday, October 14, 2006

The thing with feathers

Jeremy called me after he met with Arne, and warned me that I might not really like Arne's ideas on how to deal with Eva, and that Arne owed him $40.00. Arne came over later to watch the NLCS with my father, but I got to him before the game started.
"Breast hypnosis? That's the best you can come up with?" I asked him.
"Well, what's wrong with that? Anyway, you know that Jones guy likes you--why don't you just cut your losses and date him? You act old, he looks old--it's a perfect match."
"That's not the point. Duncan is under some kind of deep hypnosis that's making him think he's doing things he's not. There's got to be more to this than mammary tissue." Arne sat for a bit.
"Let me think. Talking to Jerome gave me some ideas. Do you still have that dress you wore in that play?" I didn't like the direction this was going in.
"You're going to talk to Jeremy again, and this time I'm going. With Charles Wallace. And his camera."
Arne looked defeated. "The act would have been great--trust me! I'd cut you in on the door, too. All you'd have to do is..." My father came into the room at this point and Arne shut up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home