Friday, September 22, 2006

What difference does it make

Another week of school almost over, and it's not soon enough. Zenobia and I have the same slot at the Learning Resources Centre on Thursdays. The grade 9 and 10 students have been turning up, seeing us, and running, except for Jeremy, who ended up getting math help from Zenobia. She says that at least this is all good training for university, but she's hoping to get into Waterloo anyway.
At dinner we got interrupted by my father's imaginary baseball league calling over and over. It seems my father's fake team is in the playoffs, and the other guys in the league have some problems with what the computer's thrown up for my father's pretend baseball games. "Honestly, you don't know what it's like to throw a perfect game!" he kept saying. Charles Wallace was fairly quiet throughout dinner, and my mother asked him how he was.
"You don't know what it's like to be perfectly miserable!" he said, and left the table.
"Not him, too," my mother sighed.
"I guess it's his teacher. She's been spending a lot of time on one student and letting the rest watch DVDs, or do whatever they want to do, and usually whatever they want to do is to punch Charles Wallace," I said. I had enough to worry about. Usually around the end of every month Duncan gets nervous and preoccupied for some reason. He says he can't explain it very much, except that it seems like someone is about to rearrange his life suddenly. Then, after the month starts, he calms down. His band has had a lot of rehearsals lately, so he's been stuck around Cowboy Eva a lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home