Monday, September 18, 2006

A rush and a push

I hate the helping professions. During my spare period I had to see the guidance counsellor again to start making arrangements for my community service. This year I have to tutor grade 9s and 10s in English. At least I don't have to read stories or pick up trash this time. Charles Wallace wandered over to Tim Hortons while I was there with Duncan. According to Charles Wallace, today his teacher had them watch 3 DVDs and learn basic hunting vocabulary in Ojibway. Since Charles Wallace had asked about the necessity of learning hunting vocabulary for life in the suburbs, he got sent to the principal's office. He's now working on a month-long series of grandparent- and trapline- related excuses for getting out of class. Now that Arne's back, maybe he can do something useful for a change and give Charles Wallace some tips on dealing with educational malpractice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home