Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Everything's gone green

I went out to have coffee with Zenobia and Zapata this afternoon, and we compared notes on boyfriends.
"Duncan's been off having way too much fun in Barbados, while I've had to sit through my parents fighting and my uncle getting cautioned by the government," I said. "But we've got tickets for Evanescence, so I guess if we break up it'll have to be after the concert." Zapata agreed.
"I always break up with Eldritch after major events, especially if he bought the tickets," she said. We went outside while Zenobia and Zapata lit up. Zenobia was using her new cigarette holder. Zapata asked her where she got it.
"Jeremy Jones gave it to me, for tutoring and for believing that he wasn't on drugs when that concert thing happened," Zenobia replied. Zapata got annoyed.
"Jeremy is my shoulder to complain on, you bitch! Get your own!"
I pointed out that Jeremy gave me a Christmas present, too. "You, too? Damn it, leave him alone--he's mine." I felt a little annoyed that she was being so possessive of Jeremy. Zenobia just said, "whatever," and changed the subject.

When I got home, Arne was wandering around the kitchen holding several pieces of the blender.
"How the hell does this thing work?" he asked.
"What the hell are you doing with a broken blender?"
"Wilco's favourite show is on, and he insisted on carrot juice. I had to come over," Arne said. Wilco was on the sofa watching Telelatino.
"Wilco understands Spanish?"
"Of course. All SAS-trained rabbits understand Spanish. Wilco's just a little different in that he's a big fan of telenovelas." The title credits for something that looked like "Labyrinto de los novios" came on.
"And he's watching what?" I asked.
"I'm not sure, except that it's got a hot babe who answers the door in a towel, and firemen. And planes. And cops--lots of cops. They all seem to really like this babe, which is understandable since she's got huge.."
"Lips, it looks like. And answers the door in a towel," I said.
"Exactly--what's not to love?"

1 Comments:

Blogger duncan anderson said...

Hey, Zed, Im on break, I rilly rilly missed u & have 2 go now. C u Sat nite unless u want 2 meet me @ the airport @ 11:23 pm on Fri.

L8r.

p.s. U nevah told me if u saw Bambi & how she recovered fr her beauty enhancement procedure.

p.p.s. Do u remembah the Bajan lamp in my place, blue/yellow or pink/green if u r not sure cld u ask Apes 4 the key & check.

p.p.p.s. I <3

5:31 p.m.  

Post a Comment

<< Home