Sunday, March 05, 2006

Full fathom five

My mother and father are trying to get me to go to Florida with them for the March break. I know the only reason they want me to go is to make sure my brother goes. Charles Wallace hates Florida more than I do, and they think I can make him go. Right now my mother is muttering something up here in the hallway about "the drama of having gifted children" and my dad is trying to talk to Charles Wallace about baseball. Bad idea. I'm just sitting upstairs, re-reading the tattoo FAQ: my parents got me one for my birthday and I got it yesterday in TO with Enid. It's an ouroboros (which Mom likes because it's scientific), and it looks good, as far as I saw since it's on my back. Before going to TO, I had to do the run-through with Duncan. His mother was my mother's nurse years ago, and at one of the medical building's Christmas parties he threw up on me. He was so happy yesterday so he mustn't have actually been reading the play. Anyway, he had bought a double-double for me and a maple dip. When I was in line to get a black coffee, he was reading this letter. When I got back he was waving it around and saying, "Yes! Kimmi's coming back! Yes!" He showed me the letter. Kimmi's got stupid girly handwriting, all round and puffy. Unfortunately that makes it hard to read. "Vacation" and "vocation" look pretty similar if you're writing like a nearsighted eight-year old. I never saw anyone get devastated more quickly than Duncan did right then. I felt sorry for him and got him another double-double and went to catch the bus to TO. He's a bit of a band geek but he seems harmless enough, as long as he doesn't vomit on me again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home