Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Strange infirmity

I really didn't know what to do about this morning. I felt I had to act like nothing had really changed, so I did the full governess (as Mirabell called it one day) and went to school. Steve Harper was really nasty to me in history class. "Hey Larson, you're picking them young now. Does he have better blood than the last one?" Luckily the teacher started the test at that point.
I met Duncan in the utility closet before my lunch period. Duncan's got to be the best kisser I've known (but then, I don't have all that much to compare him with).
Rehearsal was awful. Mirabell made a few pointed remarks about how he wasn't doing a revisionist Macbeth, so some actors would just have to manage to keep their hands to themselves. Duncan's friend April came to rehearsal and brought her guitar. Mirabell had no real idea what he wanted her to play, so she started off with some classical pieces amped up. Then, Mirabell had decided that she should play something during Banquo's ghost scene. "Something anxious," he said, "that implies ghosts, guilt, and sudden fits." April started what sounded like the next-to-last guitar solo in "Stairway to Heaven," and was really loud. I started muttering about how stupid it was for Mirabell to give such vague directions so that no-one could hear any of the lines. Then I looked over to my right and Dirne was saying the same thing, or at least just the "stupid" part. Mirabell seemed happy, at least. Duncan told me earlier not to mention April's last name, but since he didn't remind me what it was it didn't matter. It sounded like her name was "Smatterbol" anyway. April's decision to use the viola bow on the guitar during the final battle was really good: no-one really needed to hear most of the lines, and Macbeth couldn't emote for his life anyway.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home