Thursday, June 15, 2006

Academy fight song

I was too upset to post anything last night. Duncan didn't leave a message at 8:00 p.m. like he said he would, so what was the point. Charles Wallace tried to cheer me up by showing me his Sims and making bad things happen to his Arne Sim. It was a good effort.
School was horrible. Eva must have some contagious disease, since Zenia was smirking all day too. The teacher they hired to replace Mirabell in English decided to go all hippy and make us share our feelings about our friend the missing student.
"How do you all feel about this? Anyone?"
"I'm certainly not going to tell you how I feel, and at the moment, I don't care what people who barely know him feel," I said. Then Steve Harper started.
"You're just upset since you drove him out of Milborough," he said. The teacher looked at him. "Not literally, just in a metaphoric sense."
"Shall I drive you out of here? Not metaphorically, but in a literal sense?" I asked Steve. He was about to answer when the teacher got nervous and sent us both to the principal's office, after using the class phone to call in a "3-23."
The principal was ready for us. "Ah, a "3-23"--blatant contempt for teaching professionals. Isn't this the second time you've been here for one of those, Sandra?"
Steve was gloating. I was glaring. The principal noticed both. "Oh, if this were fiction, you two deadly enemies would realize you actually liked each other and start happily dating." This was getting ridiculous.
"I'm sorry if you have trouble telling the difference between fiction and reality, but.." I got cut off there.
"Really, Sandra, do you want to make your problems worse?" The principal had a point, even though he was a buffoon. I shut up, Steve stopped audibly gloating, and we listened to the principal deliver a few bromides from the "Calming Surly Students" course he took recently. Luckily, since English was my last class of the day, I could go home after this.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home