Friday, April 14, 2006

The charm's wound up

Thursday seemed so long. I had tests in French and English, and a quiz in chemistry. I had to wait in line with Duncan to use the utility closet. Only in Milborough would I have to wait in line until my more or less boyfriend's ex-girlfriend finished making out with her current boyfriend to be able to do the same thing with my more or less boyfriend. We didn't have a real rehearsal this afternoon, at least. Mirabell was preoccupied with the costumes. Ross, Lennox, and Fleance had all had their parents buy them kilts, only their parents got them at "All Things Uniform and Educational." And they happened to be St. Bibiana's (the Catholic high school's) girls' uniforms. Luckily Dirne was more concerned about Jeremy's shoes at the time. April played some pieces for Mirabell to consider, but he was really preoccupied. The only thing she played he said anything about was the Green Acres theme (he liked it).
Dinner was early, since my parents were going out for something. "You'll have company at the library again this summer," my father said. "Dirk Gloucester said that his son was coming back from Queens next week."
"Oh," I said. Charles Wallace perked up.
"Isn't he the guy who dumped you?"
"Yes, he was, you little twerp." Charles Wallace smirked. Edmund Gloucester was working at the library the same time I was last summer (the Milborough city council had decided that students were cheaper than adults, so that's how I got to shelve books every summer since I was 14). He was going to be starting his first year at Queens. We went out all summer, and a month after school started, he broke up with me in an irregularly-lined ode. I'm not really looking forward to shelving things with him all summer.
Duncan came over later. We hung out in the basement, but he got distracted because of the hockey game and we ended up watching. Charles Wallace came downstairs saying Duncan woke him up when the Leafs scored and won in overtime. Duncan left soon after that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home