Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Happy nightmare baby

It's been busy the past two days. Yesterday at school Zapata, Zenia, Zahava and Zainab met me for lunch.
"Zandra, your behaviour has been odd over the past two months, starting with you actually doing something the guidance counsellor told you to do," Zapata started.
"I had to, since it was connected with the ultimate goal of leaving Milborough," I replied.
"That's acceptable. Your sudden hair colour change was borderline, until Zenia pointed out that Magenta has red hair in Rocky Horror," Zahava said.
"And the boyfriend. Duncan is in grade 9, which is a big minus. However, he's a musician, which makes up for a lot. And he looks good in a kilt, which is rare in this high school," Zapata continued.
"So, I still have the approval of my preferred subculture?" I asked. They said yes.
Then, at dinner, my mother said, "Zandra, your therapist called this afternoon."
"Oh, he's back from his safari?" I asked. My mother shook her head, and said that he'd been on a course in London, and that he wanted me to make an appointment. "I'm perfectly normal now. I love Milborough, I love school, and I love Charles Wallace." My mother said good try, but no, I had to go back to my stupid therapist. Luckily right then my dad came in from the office and said that his receptionist said that her father had been to the Valhalla last night and saw the most interesting magic show.
"According to her, it was some big Swedish guy and a dwarf. It was so cute, she said." My father was looking at Charles Wallace. "I suppose you were in bed at the time?" Charles Wallace claimed that I was supposed to be watching him at the time and thus it was my fault. "No, your mother was here, too, I came in before 9, so technically the whole family was here." It was great to see Charles Wallace get in more trouble than me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home