Saturday, April 15, 2006

That joke isn't funny anymore

I was on the phone with Enid for a while. When I hung up, and went downstairs, I found a note from my parents. They went out for the day and asked me to watch my brother, and they'd be back late tonight. When I was looking in the fridge for something to eat, Charles Wallace came up beside me trailing wires.
"I'm telling Mom and Dad!" he yelled.
"About what? Me talking to Enid for an hour?" Then I realized what he had the debris of all over himself. "Charles Wallace, you know you're not supposed to tap the phones." I could've really killed him, since now he knew pretty much every detail of my short dating life with Ed.
"He sounds like a loser if he'd do anything with you, Sandra. What'll you give me if I don't tell Mom and Dad?"
"Nothing, you idiot. You aren't supposed to tap our phones, and I can stop Mom and Dad from sending you to forensic camp like you want." Charles Wallace sulked a bit and then said he was going over to help Arne. That was good: at least he'd be out of my hands for most of the day. I decided to call Duncan.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home