Friday, January 26, 2007

Measure for measure

I hate January. The exams are both dull and annoying, and whenever there aren't any exams classes are really stupid and boring. Tutoring is really dull since Zenobia and I have had the same questions over and over again from the grade 9s. Duncan practices the same air bass patterns every day when he waits for me to finish up with the Learning Resources Centre. I took a break today to use the washroom, and ran into him walking away sheepishly from the library.
"What happened?"
"Zenobia threw me out. She said I was a distraction, and that I just kept playing the same thing," Duncan said.
"Well, I'll meet you at Tim Hortons once I finish with this. Are you going to karaoke tonight?" He said yes. "Bring April, if you want--she might need to escape from whatever's infested her house. My mother said April's father's brought the trains over to the medical building."
"Man, that's not good," Duncan said.
"The tiny train station and snack bar is right outside my mother's office. She's getting really mad and the train whistles are starting to make her think her autoclave is broken." I had to go back in and explain The Diviners to a grade 10 student right then.
Duncan just seems so distracted lately. I guess I have been too, with exams and the wait until university acceptances in March, and Arne's new search for a large vehicle with a negligent owner that he can make vanish (the vehicle, not the owner).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home