Monday, March 19, 2007

Let be the finale of seem

My mother and father got back from Florida last night. At least they enjoyed themselves. As they were pulling into the driveway, Arne ran in at the back door.
"I'm not here, you don't know me, and don't mention the Dairy Queen," he said, and ran into the basement. About a minute or so later, my father asked why Arne's car was parked in the Stewarts' driveway.
Charles Wallace and I were watching Labyrinto de los novios with Wilco in the living room.
"Sandra, why are you and your brother watching something in Spanish?" my mother asked.
"Oh, no reason," I said. Wilco was happier with this episode than he was with the last one. There were still shards from the vase scattered in front of the television from that one. Luckily my mother didn't see them. She told us to make sure Wilco didn't go to sleep on the couch and went upstairs to unpack. After Labyrinto de los novios I changed the channel to CP24. The lead story was about a flash fire hitting a Dairy Queen in a southern Ontario suburb.
"Do you think..." Charles Wallace started.
"That this has something to do with Arne? Of course," I said. But why burn a Dairy Queen during the off-season?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home