Friday, February 09, 2007

The sea bound coast

Every week I go to the Three Kronen hoping karaoke will be uneventful and every week something happens to make me want to hide under my bed for the next year or so. Tonight was no exception. I got to the bar and Ivar said he hadn't seen Arne in a few days. Ivar gave me the keys to Arne's apartment and I went upstairs (Duncan had arrived at that time, and he walked up with me.)
Wilco was there alone, in his rabbit cage. He was batting his paws against the door and pointing at a pile of junk on the coffee table.
"Wow: he's hopping mad," Duncan said, and then apologized. "I've been hanging around Pattersons a lot lately. I can't help the bad puns."
"Well, just hold them for now," I said.
"What is he pointing at?" Duncan said. "OK, Wilco, what is it? Arne ran off to make the Toronto Sun disappear? [Wilco shook his head]. Arne's gone to buy beer?"[Wilco shook his head again, and made a face at Duncan]
"Let me get a better look at the table," I said. Besides the newspaper and the empties, there was a pile of change and a road map. I picked up the roadmap. "Nova Scotia?" Wilco started bouncing excitedly. "OK, maybe the change will tell me something. It's all dimes..." Wilco started jumping up and down. "He's going to Nova Scotia to make a bunch of dimes disappear?" Wilco threw a rabbit kibble bit at me. "All right, Wilco. I'll try to put everything together. Road map of Nova Scotia, dimes, beer...oh my god, he's going to make the Bluenose vanish." I got paws up from Wilco.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home